“A true relationship is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.” – Unknown
Use these twenty relationship tips to refocus on the most important aspects of your relationship. I hope this serves as a reminder to be present and to never take your partner for granted.
20 Relationship Tips That Will Help You Reach Your Relationship Goals in 2018
1. Be present with your partner. Put the phone away, and let your eyes stay with them. Really listen to what they have to say.
2. Set aside time at least once a week to show your partner how much you appreciate them.
3. Develop a hobby together to keep the connection alive.
4. When your partner communicates a problem acknowledge it and get to the root of it with them. Don’t ignore the problem and pretend like everything is fine.
5. Plan an annual trip to experience new and exciting adventures together.
6. Create a memory book of your favorite experiences together.
7. Fight for your relationship but at the same time if it doesn’t work don’t force it to work – just walk away. This will save you from a lot of heartaches in the long-run.
8. Don’t take your time addressing issues after an argument. It’s okay to take some time to collect yourself but don’t torture your partner by making them wait an extended amount of time.
9. Let go of old flings or “friends” of the opposite sex that you subtly flirt with. This will stop a lot of drama before it even starts.
10. Give your partner the space they need without feeling insecure about it. Encourage them to spend time away with their friends.
11. Be spontaneous sometimes. Surprise your partner with a lunch date at a new bakery or café.
12. Be willing to forgive your partner after they’ve messed up and apologized.
13. Focus more on the friendship and connection.
14. Don’t hide how you really feel out of fear of losing each other. If you do, the pain will turn into the poison that kills the relationship.
15. Communicate your boundaries to each other. How do you define cheating? What do you consider to be needy? What are your deal breakers?
16. When your partner get’s home from work greet them with a smile and a happy hello. You don’t want to badger them with questions about bills and responsibilities as soon as they walk through the door.
17. Share lots of laughs together. To help with this find a comedian you both enjoy. Cuddle up on the couch and watch one of their standups together.
18. Make friends with other couples and go on double dates.
19. Don’t get complacent. Whatever you did to get your partner is what you have to do to keep them (something my grandmother told me years ago).
20. Have the courage to trust them in spite of what you’ve been through in your previous relationships.
I hope you all enjoyed these twenty tips! Relationships are beautiful and exciting but they’re also a lot of work. If you have any tips to add let me know in the comment section below.
Founder, Alex In The Sun